Listen as members of PATA Capilano University Student Chapter interview tourism professionals about innovative topics that have not yet made it into classroom textbooks! This student-led podcast directs the spotlight onto recent news as well as how the travel industry can be expected to change over the next few years.
The music clip in each episode is graciously provided by Francis Henson, a Vancouver-based singer-songwriter, guitar player, and producer.
The PATA Cap U Podcast is an initiative of PATA Capilano University Student Chapter that is supported by the technical expertise of Capilano Radio Club.
- Episode 1: Bjorn Harvold – Co-Founder/CTO – Traveliko & Travelkoin (27 Sept. 2018)
- The emerging technology for blockchain in travel distribution will solve current issues for hospitality companies and therefore create better experiences for travellers
- Episode 2: Sally Fung (Art Director & Digital Nomad via Remote Year) – 18 Oct. 2018
- Increasingly more people are building their careers from offices that are non-location dependent and services are available to support these digital nomads—professionals who work remotely
- Episode 3: Nicolas Dubrocard (International Sustainability Specialist) – 08 Nov. 2018
- Nicolas Dubrocard discusses the hot topic of elephants in tourism by connecting history with present day and answering the question, “Are elephant camps bad?”
- Episode 4: Paul Rogers (Planet Happiness) – 29 Nov. 2018
- There is a growing movement to think beyond GDP and shift towards one that measures tourism in terms of GNP, Gross National Happiness