Explore provocative travel trends and innovations through interviews with some of the most fascinating people in tourism and gain insights into issues facing the industry from fresh perspectives.
The music for each episode is graciously provided by Francis Henson, a Vancouver-based singer-songwriter, guitar player, and producer. The What in the World in Travel Podcast is an initiative of PATA Capilano University Student Chapter supported by the technical expertise of Capilano Radio Club.
- Robin Weber Pollak: President, Journeys International – Ep. 11, 6 Jan. 2020
- Robin tackles important topics in adventure tourism, such as authentic transformations, unscripted experiences, and cross cultural differences in gender norms.
- Martin Heng: Accessible Tourism Manager, Lonely Planet – Ep. 10, 27 Nov. 2019
- Accessible tourism is the fastest growing sector of the industry, as it also creates opportunities to serve young families and the ageing demographics.
- Sarah Rhodes: Founder, Plastic Free Southeast Asia – Ep. 9, 16 Oct. 2019
- Sarah Rhodes talks about her social impact organization, and shares thoughtful views on consumer trends in plastic wastes and challenges in sustainable tourism practices.
- Chris Bottrill: Chairman, Pacific Asia Travel Association – Ep.8, 27 Apr. 2019
- Dr. Bottrill discusses the challenges and potential of tourism in the Pacific Asia region, community development initiatives and the importance of building an international network.
- Chris Regel: Winnow Solutions, Food Waste Expert – Ep.7, 27 Mar. 2019
- Business Development Manager, Chris Regel, talks about the global issue of food waste and how it might be overcome through technology and industry partnerships.
- Bruce Poon Tip: Founder of G Adventures & Planeterra – Ep.6, 27 Feb. 2019
- The inspiring social entrepreneur Bruce Poon Tip stops by to talk about responsible tourism, giving back to host communities and the importance of organizational culture.
- JC Wong: YTP Ambassador, PATA – Ep.5, 27 Jan. 2019
- JC offers her insights about PATA as a former intern who continues to work at the organization as the Young Tourism Professionals Ambassador, five years later.
- Paul Rogers: Planet Happiness – Ep.4, 29 Nov. 2018
- There is a growing movement to think beyond GDP and shift towards a metric that measures tourism in terms of GNP: Gross National Happiness.
- Nicolas Dubrocard: International Sustainability Specialist – Ep.3, 08 Nov. 2018
- Nicolas Dubrocard discusses the provocative subject of elephants in tourism by connecting history with the present day and answering the question, “Are elephant camps bad?”
- Sally Fung: Art Director & Digital Nomad via Remote Year – Ep.2, 18 Oct. 2018
- Increasingly more people are building their careers from offices that are non-location dependent and services are available to support these digital nomads—professionals who work remotely.
- Bjorn Harvold: Co-Founder/CTO – Traveliko & Travelkoin – Ep.1, 27 Sept. 2018
- Will the emerging technology for blockchain in travel distribution solve current issues for hospitality companies and create better experiences for travellers?